Whether you are looking for a professional mover for an international relocation or simply want to move within the country, this guide will help you understand what the Italian market looks like and how you can choose the moving company that best suits your needs.
Italy’s landscape for moving companies is characterized by three main types of businesses:
- A very small number of large firms operating nationwide
- Hundreds of local moving companies serving their regional area
- Quote comparison platforms that partner up with tens of different companies
Who should I choose for international relocations?
Given the average high cost of moving to/from abroad, it comes without saying that you should base your choice on two main factors: quote (make sure to compare at the very least 3 different ones) and reviews (read everything you can about the company before finalizing your choice). The links below are helpful examples of well established, experienced international movers, but you should ultimately look at a wider amount of options.
Moves within Europe are normally carried out over ground transportation (almost always a truck) whereas relocations overseas or to further destinations are often done over freight shipping. A faster, more expensive way is through air transport, which is mostly a good choice for either urgent moves or those with a limited amount of goods to transport (less than 10 cubic meters).
Compare quotes for your domestic or international move
Thanks to our partnership with Sirelo (which operates in several European countries) you can get up to five free quotes from qualified domestic and international moving companies. The form is in Italian, but you will be able to add a comment in the second step of the form requesting to communicate in English.
Movers for domestic moves
If you are looking to move within the country, things are a little easier and we have collected some companies you can get a quote from for Italy’s biggest cities. Some of these companies also provide international moving services, but not all of them.
Please note that some of the movers listed below may not have any English-speaking support!
Top 5 moving companies in Milan:
- Grillo Antonino – http://www.grilloantoninotraslochi.it/
- La Rondinella Traslochi – https://www.larondinella.it/
- Gabet Traslochi – https://www.traslochigabetmilano.it/
- Bellucci Traslochi – http://bellucci-traslochi.it/
- Fratelli Romano – https://www.fratelliromano.net/
Top 5 moving companies in Rome:
- Galli Claudio Traslochi – https://www.traslochigalliclaudio.com/
- Traslochi Roma Easy (Reviewed) – https://www.traslochiromaeasy.it/
- Cotroneo Tonino Traslochi – http://www.cotroneotraslochi.roma.it/
- Traslochi Emili Slr – https://www.emilitraslochiroma.it/
- Globo Italia Traslochi e Trasporti – http://www.traslocoroma.org/
Top 5 moving companies in Naples:
- La Sicura Traslochi – http://www.lasicuratraslochi.com/
- Franzosini Traslochi – http://franzosinitraslochinapoli.com/
- L’Amica Traslochi – https://www.lamicatraslochinapoli.it/
- La Napoletana – https://www.traslochilanapoletana.com/
- La Nuova Napoli – https://www.lanuovanapolitraslochi.it/
Top 5 moving companies in Turin:
- Achille Traslochi – https://www.achilletraslochi.net/
- Casetta Traslochi – https://www.casettatraslochi.it/
- Giorgio Ghilardini – https://www.giorgioghilardini.it/
- Traslochi Rubello – http://www.traslochirubello.it/
- Valsania Traslochi – https://www.valsaniatraslochi.it/
Pro tip: while representatives of the moving company may speak English, that doesn’t meant that the workers doing the job on the moving day will, so if that’s a challenge be ready to either get in touch with the company over the phone or rely on technology to smoothen out communication with them.
How much will a moving company cost me?
For moving services, prices in Italy are slightly higher than the European Average, as factors that impact this are the high prices for gas and the urban landscape, consisting of old historic centers where it is often a bit more difficult to perform a house move. The table below can be used as a rough indicator of how how much you may spend on your move.
Average Cost for Domestic and International Moves
Same city Long-distance International One bedroom apt. €400 to €700 €800 to €1,100 €1,800 to €3,500 2-3 bedroom apt. €550 to €900 €1,200 to €1,600 €2,500 to €4,800 House (150+ sqm) €700 to €1,100 €1,550 to €2,000 €2,800 to €6,000
We are looking to constantly improve our website with the best, freshest information available. If you have any comments or had great experiences with a moving company that you would like to recommend to other people, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!